Thursday 31 May 2012

The Invisible Workshop again


 The local sailing club has some very tired Optimists that, after 12 years without maintenance, have become unseaworthy. Wanting to keep children alive while teaching them to sail the club asked The Invisible Workshop if some renovation work could be done. 




 I chose the one in worst condition first. Looking back on the hours of work it would have been more economical to scupper the boat, had I not given a ridiculously low quote. The more of the rotten and broken fibreglass I cut away the more I knew I’d have to rebuild. But keeping those kiddies in mind I plugged on and was pleased with the results.


5 comments:

David Kirtley said...

God job, looks better than new.

doryman said...

There's no money to be made as a boatbuilder only glory, and much of that you must make for yourself.

It's very rewarding though, isn't it?

boatwithnoname said...

Hey there, haven't seen any new posts this summer...missing them. I hope all is well with you.

bowsprite said...

It is Renata! Reborn!
I thank you, the children (should) thank you, the boat thanks you. She looks sprightly and gay.

Far de la Banya said...

Salutacions i endavant :-)